Sometimes, even when our life is going pretty well, we might feel that we are stuck in a rut. Routine is a part of life and some people (not me) actually appreciate it. However, even if you like routine, you always need a change. Some people dread changes but that’s another reason to force them. Changes are part of life and it’s good to get used them and learn to enjoy them. Doing something different will bring excitement to your life, give it more meaning and make wonderful memories. So today, choose to do something different. It can be whatever you want but if you can’t think of anything, here are some ideas:
- Eat breakfast food for dinner.
- Take a different route (to go to work or home or wherever you go often)
- Cook something new. You can get the recipe of f the internet or a cookbook or your mum. You can invent a cocktail if you’re not a good cook.
- Wear something different. Do you always wear dark colours? Try some bright clothes. Do you wear make-up every day? Try not wearing it and appreciate your natural beauty.
- Plan an unusual outing. It will be something different for each person. For me it would be watching the football at the pub, for example. I’m not a football person so it’s unusual for me to do that. Maybe for you it’s going to the park, bowling or a nightclub.
- Go for a walk at night (if it’s safe).
- Set yourself a challenge. Some examples:
Stop drinking for a month (alcohol or fizzy drinks)
Stop swearing for a week
Stop using facebook for a week
- Go to a restaurant/pub/bar you’ve never been before.
- Buy a lottery ticket. Just to feel that little rush before checking the results.
- Invite some friends over to your house.
- Learn something new: how to use chopsticks, how to say ‘hello’ in 10 different languages, how to sew, how to play an instrument, etc.
- Go skinny dipping in the pool (or the sea if you have the guts)
- Have sex outside.
- Do some studying or work sitting at a coffee shop or outside.
- Go sightseeing in your own city. This is the best one in my opinion. Sometimes tourists have seen more of our city than ourselves. When I have free time, I love to go searching for hidden places around Oxford.
Maybe you already do some of these things very often so they are not different to you. You can think of other things that would be different. Share your ideas in the comments =)
- 10 Things I Would Do if I Won the Lottery (everydayfamily.com)
- Can Routine Create Greater Freedom? (wanderlustdiscovery.com)
- Why I Love Changes (happiness-box.com)