“HERE IS THE MIRACLE…
Every January 1rst — whether you’ve earned it or not —they give you a brand new year for FREE. Imagine it! A completely fresh year — with no dinks on it, no scuff-marks, no cat hair, no spills, no collisions, no breakdowns, no funny odors, no mistakes, no failures, no parts falling off it, no nothing. Just an amazing new year (with that terrific “new year smell”) which you can use it for ANYTHING YOU LIKE! Not only that, you are allowed to throw away your old year completely — which, if you are like me, you have always completely totaled by Dec 31. You just get to push that beat-up and tired old year off a cliff, and drive away in your bright, shiny new one…and it costs you nothing. Nothing at all. They just give it to you, every year that you live.
Amazing and generous, is the prize of a new year.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
Top 5 Posts in 2012:
I decided to give you 10 questions to think about every month. They are from a book called Q&A a day. You can read more about it on my previous post. So here are the 10 questions for this month:
- On a scale of one to ten, how happy are you?
What made you choose that number? Is there something you can do to improve it?
- Who do you miss?
Think of ways you can contact this person more. Maybe you can go visit in 2013.
- What is your most recent act of generosity?
Helping other people is proved to have an effect on happiness.
- Where do you find joy?
- What are your top three wishes?
Maybe you can turn them into your New Year’s Resolutions.
- Why are you impressive?
Thinking positively about yourself will boost your self-esteem.
- If you had to move to a new city, where would you move?
It’s good to know what kind of place you like to live and why. It makes you realize your priorities.
- If you could be the best at anything, what would it be?
Maybe you won’t be the best in the world but you can spend more time working on this skill.
- When was the last time you felt at peace?
It’s always good to go back to places or moments when you feel at peace, even in meditation.
- What is your most cherished memory this year?
Remembering good moments can boost your happiness.
- From 2012 to 2013 and forever! (despicablewonderfulyou.wordpress.com)
- December 2012!!! A good time to cherish (yesthisisdiya.wordpress.com)