I haven’t been updating this blog very often because I have been dealing with some emotional issues in the past months. However, I always make sure to post the monthly questions. So here are the ones for August:
- What do you lie about?
I think it’s important to analyse why you lie about it and if there’s a way you can be more honest.
- Who are you?
This question being so general is what makes it good. Only you know who your true self is.
- What are you running from at this moment?
And analyse why you are running from it. What are the consequences of running and not facing it?
- What is your resolution for tomorrow?
And then make sure you complete it.
- What is your favourite thing to do on a Saturday morning?
Plan a Saturday morning when you can do all your favourite things.
- What do you like best about your body today?
Sometimes we forget to see the good things in ourselves, especially when it comes to appearance. We are always so worried about looking better.
- If you had to spend five years in prison, what would you finally have the chance to do?
Maybe you can find some time to do it a little bit more on a daily basis.
- What’s the best part about your life right now?
Again, it’s always good to remember the positive side of things.
- What’s your simplest pleasure?
Sometimes the simplest things are the ones that makes us the happiest.
- Write your recipe for creativity.
July is coming to an end. Summer is here (or winter depending on where you live) and it’s a good time to reflect upon yourself and your year so far.
- What is your motto?
It’s good to have an ideal to live by, something to remember who you are when you need to make decisions.
- Who’s your best friend?
Friends are our support. It’s important to appreciate the ones that are worth it and keep them close.
- What are you sentimental about?
We all have an emotional side, sometimes we need to let it out.
- What is your heroic downfall? Your Achilles’ heel?
It’s important to know not only our strengths but also our weaknesses. When we are aware of our faults, we can deal with them in a better way.
- How can you help?
Helping in any way has been proved to make you feel better. What’s your cause and how you can do something to help it?
- Where do you go for good ideas?
It’s good to have a ‘temple’, a place to be in peace, to let yourself be yourself, to let ideas flow freely.
- Write a phrase to describe your year so far.
It’s the middle of the year so a good time to reflect upon what’s happened so far and what you want to do with the rest of it.
- Do you have a secret? More than one?
Sometimes telling your secrets can bring you relief. Don’t keep everything to yourself, share with people you trust.
- What are the ingredients for a perfect day?
Plan a day that can get close to that ideal.
- ______________________ is funny.
When you’re feeling down is good to remember what lift up your spirits and take advantage of it.
Ready to answer some questions about yourself? These will bring you self-knowledge that is essential in order to achieve happiness.
- On a scale of one to ten, how healthy are you?
Health plays a big part on our happiness. Can you feel completely happy when you’re ill or overtired? Probably not. So make sure your health is your priority.
- What do you feel grateful for today?
The exercise of being grateful always brings great rewards. When you feel grateful, you become a more positive person which brings you and the ones around you more happiness.
- What makes you miserable?
How can you change it, get rid of it or accept it?
- What makes a good friend?
Make sure your friends have the qualities you value and you’re surrounding yourself with the kind of people that will create a positive environment of friendship.
- When was the last time you cried?
Crying is not always bad. We can cry because we are emotional or even happy. Sometimes crying is necessary to release something that is haunting you inside and you actually feel relieved. Think about the reasons why you cried and how you felt after it.
- Which family member are you closest to?
Family is very important in anyone’s life. Having a good relationship with family influences our happiness. Keep in touch with those you love.
- Is something in your way? Can you move it?
It’s always healthy to think about what’s troubling us and work to find practical solutions.
- Something that made you worry today ___________.
Reflect upon it. How much will this matter one year from now? What’s the worst that could happen? Don’t turn small things into catastrophic events.
- Did you exercise today?
This is closely related to number one. Exercise is actually proved to boost your mood and energy. When you’re feeling down, sometimes the last thing you want is to exercise. However, if you force yourself, you will feel the benefits right after it. Make time for your health.
- Who is your closest companion?
Don’t take this person for granted. Show him/ her how much you appreciate their company.
It’s always good to reflect upon ourselves so every month I post 10 questions to make you think about life and acquire some self-knowledge. Here are the questions for May:
- How do you want to be remembered?
The answer to this question says a lot about your principles and values, what is really important to you. You should cultivate the qualities that make you proud and happy to be you.
- What do you consider to be your biggest achievement?
Sometimes we start focusing too much on our failures and forget about all the amazing things we have achieved. We all have our moments of success, never forget yours.
- If you could go back in time and change something, what would it be?
Obviously, we can’t go back in time but what we can do is learn from our mistakes so we become better people and better prepared for life.
- Who loves you today?
No matter who you are, be sure that there’s always some out there that loves you. Don’t take them for granted.
- What was your favourite day this week?
And of course, why? What makes a day pleasant for you? How can you get more of this every day?
- What’s the most creative thing you’ve done recently?
Creativity is a very important process. It boosts our energy and motivates us so we should always try to cultivate it.
- What motivated you today?
And since we are on the topic of motivation, here’s a relevant question. We need to know what gives us the drive to live. People need something to work towards, a project that can be personal or professional.
- If you didn’t have any responsibilities for the day, what would you do?
Then plan a day where you can actually forget all your responsibilities and do it.
- List the things that nagged you today.
How can you get rid of them or learn to accept them?
- What gives you comfort right now?
Comfort is absolutely vital in daily life. When everything is crumbling, we need something to fall back on.
It’s always good to reflect upon ourselves and our lives so every month I post 10 questions to help you do this. It all started in November last year. Here are the April questions:
- Did you have fun today? Because?
Your answer to this question should be yes. We should have fun every day. If you haven’t had fun today then go do something fun right now.
- If you could wish for one thing to happen today; what would it be?
Today is just one day but your wish represents something you want and it’s always important to pay attention to what you want, even the small things.
- What’s a political issue that interests you?
This might be something that really matters to you and working on it will make you feel useful.
- What is your secret passion?
Your secret passion is something that is very close to your heart. It’s not related to anyone else but you.
- What do you think is your biggest shortcoming?
Find ways to make it less of a problem or even use it for your benefit.
- What do you want to say when someone asks “What do you do”?
This is probably what you want to do the most, what would make you proud and feeling good about yourself.
- How would your parents describe you? (You can call them and ask.)
Sometimes the way your parents see you is very different from the way you see yourself. I think that can bring some really useful insights.
- Where do you feel most at home?
It’s good to have a place to call home. It comforts us and makes us feel like we belong.
- Write down a problem you solved today.
Sometimes we only look at the negative things and forget to pay attention to the useful and good things we’ve done. There’s no great relief than solving a problem. If not today, then think about the last one recently.
- What “type” of person are you?
This question is open to interpretation. Knowing what type of person you are will help you make decisions and be more aware of what makes you happy.
10 Questions To Make You Think – March (happiness-box.com)
10 Questions To Make You Think – February (happiness-box.com)
10 Questions To Make You Think – January (happiness-box.com)