July is coming to an end. Summer is here (or winter depending on where you live) and it’s a good time to reflect upon yourself and your year so far.
- What is your motto?
It’s good to have an ideal to live by, something to remember who you are when you need to make decisions.
- Who’s your best friend?
Friends are our support. It’s important to appreciate the ones that are worth it and keep them close.
- What are you sentimental about?
We all have an emotional side, sometimes we need to let it out.
- What is your heroic downfall? Your Achilles’ heel?
It’s important to know not only our strengths but also our weaknesses. When we are aware of our faults, we can deal with them in a better way.
- How can you help?
Helping in any way has been proved to make you feel better. What’s your cause and how you can do something to help it?
- Where do you go for good ideas?
It’s good to have a ‘temple’, a place to be in peace, to let yourself be yourself, to let ideas flow freely.
- Write a phrase to describe your year so far.
It’s the middle of the year so a good time to reflect upon what’s happened so far and what you want to do with the rest of it.
- Do you have a secret? More than one?
Sometimes telling your secrets can bring you relief. Don’t keep everything to yourself, share with people you trust.
- What are the ingredients for a perfect day?
Plan a day that can get close to that ideal.
- ______________________ is funny.
When you’re feeling down is good to remember what lift up your spirits and take advantage of it.
Ready to answer some questions about yourself? These will bring you self-knowledge that is essential in order to achieve happiness.
- On a scale of one to ten, how healthy are you?
Health plays a big part on our happiness. Can you feel completely happy when you’re ill or overtired? Probably not. So make sure your health is your priority.
- What do you feel grateful for today?
The exercise of being grateful always brings great rewards. When you feel grateful, you become a more positive person which brings you and the ones around you more happiness.
- What makes you miserable?
How can you change it, get rid of it or accept it?
- What makes a good friend?
Make sure your friends have the qualities you value and you’re surrounding yourself with the kind of people that will create a positive environment of friendship.
- When was the last time you cried?
Crying is not always bad. We can cry because we are emotional or even happy. Sometimes crying is necessary to release something that is haunting you inside and you actually feel relieved. Think about the reasons why you cried and how you felt after it.
- Which family member are you closest to?
Family is very important in anyone’s life. Having a good relationship with family influences our happiness. Keep in touch with those you love.
- Is something in your way? Can you move it?
It’s always healthy to think about what’s troubling us and work to find practical solutions.
- Something that made you worry today ___________.
Reflect upon it. How much will this matter one year from now? What’s the worst that could happen? Don’t turn small things into catastrophic events.
- Did you exercise today?
This is closely related to number one. Exercise is actually proved to boost your mood and energy. When you’re feeling down, sometimes the last thing you want is to exercise. However, if you force yourself, you will feel the benefits right after it. Make time for your health.
- Who is your closest companion?
Don’t take this person for granted. Show him/ her how much you appreciate their company.
It’s always good to reflect upon ourselves and our lives so every month I post 10 questions to help you do this. It all started in November last year. Here are the April questions:
- Did you have fun today? Because?
Your answer to this question should be yes. We should have fun every day. If you haven’t had fun today then go do something fun right now.
- If you could wish for one thing to happen today; what would it be?
Today is just one day but your wish represents something you want and it’s always important to pay attention to what you want, even the small things.
- What’s a political issue that interests you?
This might be something that really matters to you and working on it will make you feel useful.
- What is your secret passion?
Your secret passion is something that is very close to your heart. It’s not related to anyone else but you.
- What do you think is your biggest shortcoming?
Find ways to make it less of a problem or even use it for your benefit.
- What do you want to say when someone asks “What do you do”?
This is probably what you want to do the most, what would make you proud and feeling good about yourself.
- How would your parents describe you? (You can call them and ask.)
Sometimes the way your parents see you is very different from the way you see yourself. I think that can bring some really useful insights.
- Where do you feel most at home?
It’s good to have a place to call home. It comforts us and makes us feel like we belong.
- Write down a problem you solved today.
Sometimes we only look at the negative things and forget to pay attention to the useful and good things we’ve done. There’s no great relief than solving a problem. If not today, then think about the last one recently.
- What “type” of person are you?
This question is open to interpretation. Knowing what type of person you are will help you make decisions and be more aware of what makes you happy.
10 Questions To Make You Think – March (happiness-box.com)
10 Questions To Make You Think – February (happiness-box.com)
10 Questions To Make You Think – January (happiness-box.com)
I decided to give you 10 questions to think about every month. They are from a book called Q&A a day. You can read more about it on my previous post. So here are the 10 questions for this month:
- On a scale of one to ten, how happy are you?
What made you choose that number? Is there something you can do to improve it?
- Who do you miss?
Think of ways you can contact this person more. Maybe you can go visit in 2013.
- What is your most recent act of generosity?
Helping other people is proved to have an effect on happiness.
- Where do you find joy?
- What are your top three wishes?
Maybe you can turn them into your New Year’s Resolutions.
- Why are you impressive?
Thinking positively about yourself will boost your self-esteem.
- If you had to move to a new city, where would you move?
It’s good to know what kind of place you like to live and why. It makes you realize your priorities.
- If you could be the best at anything, what would it be?
Maybe you won’t be the best in the world but you can spend more time working on this skill.
- When was the last time you felt at peace?
It’s always good to go back to places or moments when you feel at peace, even in meditation.
- What is your most cherished memory this year?
Remembering good moments can boost your happiness.
- From 2012 to 2013 and forever! (despicablewonderfulyou.wordpress.com)
- December 2012!!! A good time to cherish (yesthisisdiya.wordpress.com)