- If you’re not happy when you’re not in a relationship, you won’t be happy in one.
- It applies the other way around: if you were happy before you met someone, you can be happy after they are gone.
- Some people are just bad news, give them time to grow up.
- If you consider giving up on someone, you probably already have.
- Don’t be in a relationship if you’re going to act as single.
- A relationship that doesn’t work out the first time probably won’t work out the second time, or the fifth.
- If you’re debating breaking up, face it, you want to break up, rip off the band-aid.
- If someone fucks up, let it go. If they keep fucking up, let them go.
- Staying with someone because you don’t wanna hurt their feelings will eventually hurt their feelings.
- And finally: If you can’t make somebody happy, let them be happy with someone else. And if someone can’t make you happy…
Brotips is a website with words of wisdom and advice for bros all over the world. Most of the time it’s just hilarious but some of the tips are really good pieces of advice, not only for bros but for everyone. So here are 30 pieces of advice that actually came from Bro Tips:
- Act like you’re awesome.
- Your past is just your past.
- Do something for the first time every day.
- Don’t take out your frustration on people that are there for you.
- Never make decisions when you’re angry. Or horny.
- 90% of the things you worry about will never happen.
- Don’t let anyone tell you how to live your life.
- Anything that comes easily in life is usually not worth doing.
- Flip coins to make decisions, don’t worry about the result. You’ll know what you’re hoping for as soon as it leaves your hand.
- If you bite off more than you can chew, fucking chew it anyway.
- Do what you’ve been waiting to do, in case “someday” never comes.
- Why not?
- Happiness is attractive.
- Kill your doubts.
- Trying to get everyone to like you is a sign of mediocrity.
- Before asking someone why they hate you, ask yourself why you even care.
- Do you. Trying to please everyone will leave no one happy.
- Let your past make you better, not bitter.
- One phrase everyone should be able to utilize: “eh, fuck it”.
- Some of the best moments in life come from doing things that scare you the most.
- If you have to constantly ask yourself if something is worth, it’s probably not.
- No one looks back on their life and remembers the nights they got plenty of sleep.
- If you weren’t you, would you want to be your bro?
- Your first instinct is usually right.
- Don’t spend all your time analysing.
- The hardest thing to say is usually worth saying.
- It’s never worth it to give up what you want most for what you want now.
- Smile no matter what.
- Make today awesome. Don’t live it like it’s your last day, live it like it’s today.
- You have to let people live their lives, even if you think they’re doing it wrong.
Living the life you want is very important to your happiness. If you try to live your life the way other people expect you to, you will be letting yourself down. The first step to living the life you want is to find out what is it exactly that you want.
- Spend some time by yourself. I don’t mean spending time at home doing nothing. Spend time travelling, doing things and going to places alone. When you’re alone, you make your own decisions and you don’t have to please anyone else. This gives you amazing insights about yourself. When your decisions only affect you and when only you can make the decisions, you learn a lot about yourself and about what you really want.
- Listen to yourself. Don’t take what others say as true for you. Sometimes you make decisions and everyone you know thinks you’re making a mistake. They give you advice and try to ‘help’ you. They might mean well but only you know what is best for you. If you feel it’s right, don’t listen to others and go after what you want.
- Persist. Sometimes it takes long to get what you want. Sometimes it seems impossible. But if you try hard, eventually things start going in the right direction.
- Make decisions. This is actually the hardest one for me but I found out it’s the most important. When you’re stuck, make a decision. Usually whatever decision you make will make you feel better. When you make a decision, you can start moving forward. You will find out if you’re going in the right direction or not but at least you’re not stuck in the same place.